View Single Post
Old 23.06.2014, 13:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 60 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,324 Posts
StirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond repute
Home Automation in Switzerland

Has anyone managed to successfully set any systems up here? I see a lot of interesting products, Nest, Honeywell Lyric to name but some components.

I am really looking to set up the following things, ideally all in one system, controlled by one app remote or on local wi-fi network, or at least on just 1 phone or tablet:
  • Temperature (Underfloor heating, so not sure how compatible that is with Next, Lyric, etc).
  • Control of motorised blinds.
  • Lighting in certain rooms (dimming / on / off).
  • Power to certain sockets in the house.
  • *maybe* front door lock, but this is uncertain and there are other solutions that don't need to be part of this home automation network, like Lockitron etc.
Has anyone implemented any of these, how easy was it over here? What app / device do you control everything from?

Thanks for any advice before I press ahead and speak to electrical engineers / installers (if that's even necessary).

StirB