View Single Post
Old 30.06.2014, 00:00

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DT1052 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Exchanging a lot of currency

Quote:
View Post
Just from experience, I might advise against this. I have tried several times and several ways to transfer money to a US bank account. On two separate occasions, it did not work and tied up my money for days. I used two us bank accounts and both were unsuccessful.
Did you end up doing anything else to get the money or did you just wait the several days?

I went to PostFinance and asked about getting a bank account. They said I could not do it without at least an attestation de residence. They did mention it's possible to apply for one with my US address but that it was unlikely to be approved. I've looked through other threads and saw some mentions of the attestation. It looks to me like most people get this while waiting for their residence permit. As I am here less than 90 days, I never intend to get a residence permit. Does anyone know if this disqualifies me for getting the attestation? Also, the requirements listed online for getting the document are money and a passport. Are there any other necessary documents?