View Single Post
Old 03.05.2008, 13:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 6,540 Times in 3,624 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.

I understand the above sticky however before I will get as far as ''work permits'' are concerned can someone please clarify for us the following:

1) My girlfriend posseses 3 month multiple entry visa and she was allowed to stay in Switzerland for 30 days. In a couple of days the aforesaid 30 day stay wil expire and she will be required to get another stamp or some kind of extension from Miggration office. Since the multiple entry visa is granted for three months is that a problem (she must leave Switzerland in order to re-enter) or just simply making an appointment at miggration biuro will solve it?

2) We undergo Argau canton (live close to Baden) but the office referred to on the migration letters and website is in Aarau. It would be prefferable for us to find the office somewhere closer by if possible. Is that obvious that apparently we must go there or cannot elsewhere?

3) I got the phone number just few days ago and we went there last Friday (without prior calling) but the office has been closed during the long weekend. There are not too many days left (only 5) before the extension of stay is required.

Do you suggest us to phone them first before making another excursion and make an appointment or let try to go there again first thing in the morning (just in case of the queue). It's 30min train ride and we wouldn't wanna go at vain again. Does normally such exercise require prior appointments or the rule first come first serve applies here?