View Single Post
Old 03.07.2014, 06:51

Groaned at 14 Times in 5 Posts
AJames has no particular reputation at present
Re: gotogate.ch warning

I know that it is very annoying that airlines and online airline ticketing agents build a set of hurdles to trip one up and catch extra revenue from oneself, but I have just run a dummy booking on gotogate.ch and the reiserücktrittversicherung and credit card options were clearly shown before processing payment ( which I did not do obviously ).

However, I was of course, looking for them and thus might not have noticed had I not been doing so.

If one unclicks the reiserücktrittversicherung, as one proceeds one is asked the same question with a green tab to proceed which, if one does not pay attention, one might assume is simply confirming to go to the next step but which in fact does so but with the insurance added back in.

Before confirming the final payment, one is given the revised total which one has to accept and agree with before payment can be made. I know such sites are very misleading but I think you might have problems getting the credit card company to cancel the transaction.

The credit card and debit card charges are often rip-offs, as they are usually well over the % commission charged by the credit card companies and often are charged per person and not per transaction.

What I find also very annoying is that airlines, ( Lufthansa, BA, Air France etc ), advertise special offers such as "Europe with Lufthansa from only Euro 49.00*" and then the "*" is somewhere in miniscule writing defined as being not including taxes and other charges which usually doubles or triples the final price !
The following 2 users would like to thank AJames for this useful post: