View Single Post
Old 04.05.2008, 13:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 27 Times in 22 Posts
latigresse has a reputation beyond reputelatigresse has a reputation beyond reputelatigresse has a reputation beyond reputelatigresse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Happy Swiss

Quote:
View Post
Definitely a beautiful place to live! Very happy when the sun is up. Not very happy when I don't get sun for a long time. The Swiss are great are maintaining and keeping things in running order.
Ditto all of this, and I will reiterate what I wrote in another thread.

I love the following about Switzerland:

Peace, tranquility, security and a slower pace of life - I feel a sense of personal security here that I haven't felt anywhere else.

The mountains, lakes, flora and fauna - I spend so much more time outdoors now, regardless of season. Being able to live in such beautiful, bucolic surroundings, yet being so close to a city.

The mix of three cultures and the marriage between old-world and modern.

Fantastic, efficient public transportation system - The trains/trams take me everywhere I want or need to go, day trips are a pleasure.

Spas and mineral baths - great places to relax and unwind, soothe tired, sore muscles and recharge. Need I say more?

Being in the middle of Europe - being close enough to go for long weekends to places like Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, Cōte d'Azur, St. Moritz, etc.

Et bien sūr, cheese, bread, pātisserie, wine, kirsch, chocolate
This user would like to thank latigresse for this useful post: