View Single Post
Old 07.07.2014, 15:58
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
frankieboy has earned some respectfrankieboy has earned some respect
Renewal of permit denied - what now?

Hello English Forum,

I'm feeling a bit drained after some news I received today. I want to keep this as simple as possible.

My British girlfriend who has been living here in Switzerland for 5 years on her B Permit, received a letter today saying that she had been declined for a C Permit. The reasons cited for the refusal were that she didn't earn enough money here and also the fact that she had recieved some support towards her health care insurance payments.

I'm Swiss by the way. We were hoping to get married soon.

Of course, we are appealing and have written back to the immigration promising that she won't use anymore support for health insurance (she only had help for one year anyway. Her earnings have been very up and down, she has a seasonal job.)

What should we expect now? I don't want her to have to leave. Switzerland. I also have a steady job set up here and we maintain a nice home.

We have considered bringing forward our wedding, and when I called the Immigration Office after we receieved the letter, I asked what the procedure would be if we brought it forward, and the woman said that it was suspicious we were going to start planning a wedding after receiving this news. (Although, 2 months ago we informed them that we were going to be getting married in 2015, on her visa renewal form, so it's not like this is an impulsive decision.)

Where to go from here? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks