View Single Post
Old 07.07.2014, 17:54
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
frankieboy has earned some respectfrankieboy has earned some respect
Re: Renewel of permit denied - what now?

Quote:
View Post
Am I the only one appalled at the fact that someone from the immigration authorities have told OP that getting married would be a very "suspicious move" given the "news"?! What an ass. The relationship described is totally legitimate and the comment as OP recounts it insinuates that the couple are frauds, planning a scam marriage.

Besides thatů I'm out of bounds here on the legal aspect of your girlfriends stay here, but I'd probably give up fighting the Swiss system, go to England and have a civil ceremony, come back married and have your "real" wedding as planned in 2015.

I'm EU and this sounds pretty scary to me.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

We were also appalled that the immigration would say such a thing. We have made a life together and love each other very much. A wedding has been on the cards now for a long time.

My girlfriend has tried very hard in Switzerland to make her career work, so it's for sure not from a lack of trying. As I said, her line of work is seasonal, sometimes she's earning quite a bit and at other times she isn't.

We are very much considering just going to Gretna Green in Scotland or something and getting married.