View Single Post
Old 21.07.2014, 18:43
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tildaoz has earned the respect of manytildaoz has earned the respect of manytildaoz has earned the respect of many
Re: Hoping to move from Sydney to Zurich! Are we dreaming??

Quote:
View Post
I find more and more people I meet have moved here for career purposes, mostly banking, economics or IT and they love being here because they can earn mega bucks. To me earning a shed load of cash is not as important as living in a vibrant uplifting place. I do enjoy being here, the outdoor activities are fantastic, but I often find the attitudes of people stifling and closed, its a landlocked island after all.
As opposed to the island of Australia, which is 'girt by sea'

There's something intoxicating for us Aussies about the idea of living in Europe and being surrounded by so many other countries. Of course where you live really boils down, at least for most of the time, to your local community, as that is where you spend so much of your time (work, school, shopping, play etc etc etc).

But I must say, I love living here for so many reasons, many of them to do with the way we see our daughter growing up. There are downsides, too, naturally enough, often to do with the language and the cultural differences that sometimes seem negligible but other times so big. But on balance, I would say that most days we have no regrets, and it's got nothing to do with shed loads of cash

Writing and Research Skills Zürich: www.writingandresearchskills.com
This user would like to thank tildaoz for this useful post: