View Single Post
Old 06.05.2008, 09:39
Popcorn Popcorn is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Popcorn has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU Permits - a few bullet points.


My understanding is if I get B permit that classifies me into a category described in the Article 33 as Aufenthaltsbewilligung than my wife will get her Aufenthaltsbewilligung according to Article 44 and according to Article 46 she would be able to look for work without going through the process of proofing that she is the only one for the job ... (current Non-EU rules).
...This is also my interpretation of the new rule, however I am looking for someone more knowledgeable to confirm it. I am also a non-EU national - I am accompanying my husband, who is employed on a B permit here and this is what I have as well. I recently (March 08) got a job offer and I thought I could start work pretty much immediately, however this has not been the case. There has been delays and complication in the employer's getting me a "real" work permit. Reading the new law about family members with on a B permit, I should have been spared having to go through additional work permit application procedures.

Does anyone have knowledge on this matter? I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

ps I am also attaching a document I received from the municipality, which also (I think) confrims that "I can apply for/start work without going through the process of prooving that I am the only one for the job". Please refer specifically to point 3 in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Working permission for B-permit holders.pdf (74.0 KB, 683 views)
Reply With Quote