View Single Post
Old 23.07.2014, 05:09

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
demosthenes14 has no particular reputation at present
Moving boxes of Personal Effects to Reading, UK

Hi, hello, welcome welcome EF people, nice to read you all.
I've had a search around and can't seem to find what I am looking for, I hope I am in the right thread (perhaps I should be in transportation)?.
Essentially, in two weeks ish, I'd like to move 7 medium size boxes (the coop large boxes and 3 smaller boxes, filled with personal effect, nothing new. It seems like a bit too little for a proper removals company but perhaps too much for the post? I'm having a bit of issues deciphering the french and german post offices sites.
Does anyone have any experience doing something like this? I live very close to the border (both FR and DE) and wonder would it be easier, both financially and customs/form filling etc, to drive them over the border and post straight, though knowing I probably won't have much flexibility the other side. Or would it be better to use the Swiss post, or a Swiss removals company?
If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.
And indeed, if I've landed this in the wrong forum I apologize, just tell me where to move it (I have been keeping an eye on the transportation forum but doens't look like, so far, that anyone in a van is going my direction at the time I need.).

Cheers in advance,
demos