Old 07.08.2014, 23:29
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tater Tot has no particular reputation at present
Re: The Vet Thread (Recommendations)

Quote:
View Post
TaterTot,

The paperwork comes from ANIS. IIRC, it once took 6-8 weeks to receive the registration papers of one of my dogs. Sometimes they are rather slow with paperwork, I wouldn't worry yet.

If you wish to contact ANIS write them at info@anis.ch. Go ahead and write in English; likely someone will respond in kind. Worse case you'll get a reply in German or French, which you can then easily run through a translator program.

And as for the cash thing - not quite the same red flag here as in the US. Some small businesses still work on a cash or bill at the end of the month basis. Sort of a holdover from the good ol' days, which is sadly disappearing as times - and 'Zahlungsmoral' - changes.
Ok...I was mostly worried because I logged into the ANIS website today as a guest just to confirm our dog had been registered but there was no record of her. I assumed that if the vet had actually completed the registration process, that her info would already be available on the ANIS site. It sounds like that is not the case, especially if it can take them 6-8 weeks to do the paperwork. Thank you for the info! I'll try to be patient...but I'll also shoot them an email. If they respond in French/German, it's ok; Google Translate and I are like old friends already.
This user would like to thank Tater Tot for this useful post: