Thread: Garden theft
View Single Post
Old 07.05.2008, 14:24
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jcro has earned some respectjcro has earned some respect
Re: Garden theft

I can't believe that people would literally come with scissors and cut your plants!!

I live on the 4th floor, so no one can steal our plants, but this is an eye opener for me and I will not be leaving any of our items outside in the garden!

Quote:
View Post
We haven't had any "objects" taken out of our yard, but we have had plants taken from the ground! We have iris's that border part of the yard close to the sidewalk. One evening a bus driver decided to help himself to our iris's by reaching over the fence and pulling 3 or 4 plants out, roots and all! At the time, I was still not speaking the language and didn't know what to say. I was just so shocked to witness this event I was at a loss for words.

Plus, we have calla lilies and roses close to the sidewalk also. People just love to reach over and break them off to take home. Some people have even showed up with scissors. We have caught people in the act and they actually get mad at us!!!

So now, we have moved all flowers and plants away from the reach of outsiders. We are planting large bushes along all fences. We will be planting all flowers on the inside of our yard.

Is it a custom in Switzerland to cut flowers from yards?