View Single Post
Old 12.08.2014, 14:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK Law advise - delivery company damaged car

Quote:
View Post
No!!!! You poor thing, and poor car.

We had similar damage done to our Rover (the previous model to yours, slightly squarer bodywork), a stupid french bimbo ran into the front passenger wing after shooting out of a side road in Calais. She admitted responsibility and filled in all the insurance forms, etc. and looking back I'm pleased to says she wrote-off her brand-new Peugeot!

Parts are, as you know, impossible to source new and it took nearly eight months for us to find a second-hand wing, bumper and light-fittings on Ebay, then we had to get them shipped, the rust-holes repaired, fitted and sprayed.
Bill; ~3,000 chf. Bimbo won't reply to letters, her insurance says it's taken 'too long to repair' and so they won't get involved in the claim.
OH has given up even trying.

Hope you have better luck with finding parts (I could ask OH who he bought them from, I think this bloke strips cars for a living), but he won't ship abroad so we had to arrange that seperately.

PS; did they give an explanation as to how that damage was caused when the car's on a flat-bed? That looks like traffic damage to me!

French insurance are slow to pay, if you start legal proceedings you have a good chance. The debt / liability is not extinguished over 8 months which the insurance co well know.