View Single Post
Old 17.08.2014, 16:55
vydriduch vydriduch is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 57
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 62 Times in 32 Posts
vydriduch has earned some respectvydriduch has earned some respect
Re: insurance for EU citizens

View Post
hello everybody!
My name is Anna Maria, I am Italian and I will move to Switzerland this September to attend a Master at the University of Neuchâtel.

I would like to ask you my european health insurance works in Switzerland, too and If I need to sign any other kind of insurance to live there.

Thank you very much
If you maintain residence in Italy and continue to qualify for Italian insurance, you do not need anything else in Switzerland. Your Italian health insurance provides the same benefits as Swiss insurance would for the duration of your stay. This works if you are a student staying temporarily.

If you were to get a job in Switzerland, you would need (to switch to) Swiss insurance.

Simply send the copy of your italian card and an attestation d'études from your university to the cantonal authorities as suggested here by the university itself.
Reply With Quote