View Single Post
Old 25.08.2014, 11:26

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
North_Star has earned some respectNorth_Star has earned some respect
Re: gotogate.ch warning

Hello,

I booked a flight Basel-London on Swiss yesterday with gotogate.ch, before reading anything about them!
The negative experience by people put me quite off, but so far everything seems ok to me and I got the order confirmation by them today.

I had used the mobile website and there was no popup window trying to trick you as there was on the normal website. I also unticked all the boxes, which was also easier on the mobile site than on the normal website I tried after becoming scared, because the normal site adds everything automatically and you manually have to untick everything. It is a bit like ryanair times ten, so better be careful and check it 100 times!
I also used UBS web security payment with VISA, which leads you onto a separate website, so my credit card charge is still zero on the bill, maybe that helped? In the final order and in the confirmation, the total price was still the same as the one I agreet to on the UBS website. In any case, I will check my credit account again, just to make sure they didn't add anything.

Personally, I wouldn't use them again as there seems to be a bigger risk, but having done it once and checking SWISS (I logged in and the booking was there), so far everything went ok. I don't recommend them, but I can see that many people gave them bad reviews on review pages because they entered their name wrong or wanted to change their flights, which (obviously) had high charges, as they want you to buy the insurances beforehand for that.