View Single Post
Old 27.08.2014, 16:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shout out to...Message Board

Quote:
View Post
I started our lovely HEP... 'Nuff said
Breathe...slowly. Hugs. Up and at it.

And a bit of wisdom, check out "don't break the chain" technique. Saving me.

Quote:
View Post
I know I'm a bit late in adding to this conversation, but...

A shout out is like an internet version of this -

Attachment 86759

(For the record I just found those online, I have no idea who is connected with either of those pictures.)

Even though many people will read it and have no idea who the person is or what is going on... somewhere out there, someone gets it and is appreciating the fact that someone would so publically draw attention to them. Names don't really have to be mentioned because it's more of a, "You know who you are" thing. Though on the radio, they tend to say who is calling and who the shout out is for to avoid confusion.
And no, maybe the people that are getting a shout out may not be members of EF right now and they may not see it right away (until someone tells them). But it's kind of nice to know that even if you weren't aware, someone was bragging about you to complete strangers.

Now if the shout out is negative... same idea, different result.
Thanks, ComingHome, fabulous. Yes, that's exactly it. Just a note, folks did understand what a shout out is, but were amused by poking fun at it. It's exactly what you wrote

Shout out to my fellow bootcampers, we are moving with our dissertations, and need as much tlc and support as one can get since it really is a pita to pull off full time work, family, studies and gazillions of other stuffs. Guys, if anyone shoots for advanced degrees, do that before you turn like...25.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 28.08.2014 at 04:38.
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: