View Single Post
Old 06.09.2014, 19:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 47 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,159 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World War 3 or just a local spat in Ukraine?

Quote:
View Post
Almost all of the Russian neighbors belong to EU and/or NATO. How possibly Putin or anybody else could invade them? They are already invaded
I think Estonia democratically voted and applied for EU/NATO membership, how's that an "invasion"?

Quote:
View Post
Are you aware of Waffen SS veteran annual parades in Baltic states? I have no idea why they allow this.
Are you aware of Estonia's history? In 1940 the Soviet Union annexed Estonia and deported tens of thousands of people to Siberia in cattle cars (then again in 1949). When the Germans arrived in Estonia later that year before the next wave of deportations could take place, they were actually greeted as "liberators".

I am aware of the few old-timers left who gather as veterans every year, and I am aware that this small group gets huge Russian media attention every year as well. What I don't understand is why Soviet war monuments are still standing in Estonia? Why should monuments to occupiers be left in place 23 years later?
This user would like to thank esto for this useful post: