Old 16.09.2014, 14:54
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tater Tot has no particular reputation at present
Re: The Vet Thread (Recommendations)

Quote:
View Post
TaterTot,

The paperwork comes from ANIS. IIRC, it once took 6-8 weeks to receive the registration papers of one of my dogs. Sometimes they are rather slow with paperwork, I wouldn't worry yet.

If you wish to contact ANIS write them at info@anis.ch. Go ahead and write in English; likely someone will respond in kind.
Just touching base with an update on Dr. Hamburger, the vet in Fribourg...it's been almost 2 months since we first took our dog to Dr. Hamburger to have her scanned and registered with ANIS. I never did get a response from ANIS, never received a bill from the vet, and confirmed on the ANIS website that our dog was never registered. Our neighbors' relatives recommended Dr. Pierre Pidoux in a nearby village. I'm happy to report that I was able to schedule a vet appt for both of our cats and dog with an English speaking vet tech (another vet tech also speaks English) and they scanned all 3 pets for registration with ANIS, which they completed this week (though the website obviously hasn't been updated yet). I didn't meet with the vet himself but was very happy with the facility and both techs. They set me up with tick and flea meds and were incredibly helpful, even calling me back after the visit to notify me of a social work job posting in the local paper. Amazing! We'll definitely be taking our pets there for as long as we remain in Switzerland. Here's the vet contact info:

Dr. Pierre Pidoux
Le Péleret 66
1691 Villarimboud FR