View Single Post
Old 03.10.2014, 13:23
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1,145 Times in 505 Posts
Mica has a reputation beyond reputeMica has a reputation beyond reputeMica has a reputation beyond reputeMica has a reputation beyond reputeMica has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running beginner

I've been using the Adidas MiCoach App (works with iOS and Android), which has a variety of training plans from beginner, intermediate and beyond. I've been using it to train up to the Greifenseelauf last month (half marathon).

For me it's been great to keep me motivated (I get all the statistics, distance run, time, etc.) and also to keep me from overtraining (there are a variety of training sessions (20 minutes up to 1h 40min in my case). I used to simply go running 1 hour at a time, and that takes more motivating then if you simply have 30 minutes scheduled.

Best of all, you can also download gym training plans, i.e. to strengthen muscles, increase flexibility, etc. to complement the running. These are quite nice, since you have small videos for each of the exercises, the number of sets are given, etc.

Last edited by Mica; 03.10.2014 at 13:27. Reason: P.S.: I like gadgets so iPhone, bluetooth heartrate monitor...
This user would like to thank Mica for this useful post: