View Single Post
Old 03.10.2014, 14:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 90 Posts
Thanked 6,427 Times in 3,581 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Running beginner

Quote:
View Post
Actually, surely it makes sense to massage what is tight?

Stretching would achieve the opposite.
IMHO, stretching for sports like jogging or running might not be as needed (unless you do lots of uphills and tights get stiff) as for martial arts and tennis. In tennis you use most of the time one side and especially with frequent serving or smashing movement is very hard on your lower back.

In warm climates I used to live and when was much younger, I never needed to stretch. Here, I exercise regularly 3 x gym (weighlifting and cardio) and 2 x tennis a week, add cycling, jogging, swimming, skiing. I find the Alpine climate very rough in terms of weather changes and arthritis. At some point, along other activities like massage and spa, core stability exercises, mat and stretching came very beneficial.

Back to the topic, if you do not feel confident with your workout, and need tech-supported programs, then you might need manned machine, the thread mill is very good to start with. I use it at lunch time in our company.
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa

Last edited by jacek; 03.10.2014 at 14:32.