View Single Post
Old 15.05.2008, 07:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: international money order

Quote:
View Post
Here in the states you can go to Wal-Mart and pay $0.49 for a money order in any amount up to $500. I noticed the last time I got one that it was marked "international money order". It will almost certainly only be denominated in USD, and I'll just send it to him via post.

Anyway, over here you deposit this at your bank and there is usually no charge (assuming no currency exchange required). My landlord banks with SwissPost, does anyone know if they take these things and if so whether they charge a fee?
That sounds much more like a cheque drawn on Wal-Mart than an international money order. As such it is bound to have exorbitant endorsement fees in Switzerland - if it's going to be accepted at all.

I'd rather investigate with USPS see if they have the real mccoy's international money order.