View Single Post
Old 14.10.2014, 15:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 23,892 Times in 10,827 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: American professor denied Swiss citizenship

Agree, time should be an issue- as if after that long a person has no clue about the area s/he lives in (and as said above, a fail will never be on 1 or 2 specific question/s) - and the country, and does not have local referees or friends- then it is indicative of poor integration. Time makes this worse, not better.

There is an arrangement between the Gemeinde/Commune where you live and your OH's Heimatsort or Commune d'Origine- to avoid having to travel and expense, etc, to help the applicant. It makes sense that the applicant should show personal contact and integration in the area where they live, and not the Heimatsort- which might be very different. As said before, myself + OH only visited my Commune d'Origine once, as my family came to settle in the region where we now live, and where I was born and bred, at least 3 generations ago.