View Single Post
Old 15.10.2014, 12:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 90 Times in 68 Posts
Thanked 1,705 Times in 936 Posts
flow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: where to look for jobs with no job qualifications

Quote:
View Post
I can see that one could think that and I respect your opinion.
We have the opinion that since we are not expecting any special jobs and are willing to give anything a hand, that we should be able to find work eventually, we just hoped that we could find some while still here, so we could 'walk into a job'.
As our children have all grown up and long left home, we decided this would be our opportunity to do something that we would enjoy, so the plan was to work hard and on the days off, we would take advantage of all the lovely things that Switzerland has to offer. Then after about 5 years, we might return to NZ again, all depending on how things go. If we like it and all is going well, we would stay on, or else we return.
We are hopeful that things will work out and if they don't, well then we will deal with that too, but we want to at least give it a go.

put it the other way around: hey, i am swiss, i dont speak english. i worked all my life on mountains as guard in a lonely shack. i have no other skills than watching alp goats, but am willing to do anything! i watched lord of the rings and liked the country! i sold all i have, bought the flight ticket already. please help, how can i get a job? no job too little!

what would you reply?