View Single Post
Old 15.05.2008, 18:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,737 Posts
Shorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond reputeShorrick Mk2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What pensions become

Quote:
View Post
I understand about the payments (1, 2 and 3) but I have not been able to find any information on the forum about what format these pensions end up as (particularly regarding the occupational pillar 2 pension): are they final salary? annuity?
Pillar one is annuity. Pillar two and three can be withdrawn either as capital or as an annuity

Quote:
managed by a fund manager?
Pillar one does its own management. Pillar two can be done either in-house if it's a bank or delegated to an investment manager. Pillar three is always managed by the financial institution who sells it to you.

Quote:
should I expect my employer to contribute/match my contributions?
Match the obligatory part, not match what you choose to contribute extra. Pension Second Pillar contributions

Quote:
are they taxed on drawdown?
Yes.

Quote:
do I have any say in how they are invested (like the UK self-trade pensions)?
Pillar one and two no, pillar three you can choose among several "risk profiles".

Quote:
does anyone know of a link where I can investigate this more?
It's all been done here

Quote:
In terms of percentages, the contract offer details approximately 7.6% pillar 2 and the standard 5.05% pillar 1.

Thanks for any assistance with these questions!
GVAbound
Pillar 1 is fixed. Pillar two increases with age.