View Single Post
Old 27.10.2014, 10:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 128 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 7,258 Times in 2,761 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sick leave and medical check - how to handle it?

They are allowed to send you to their company doctor, yes, and you are obliged to go. The number of company doctors they can send you to see isn't regulated by law, but two I would probably let got. If they send you to a third one, I'd say they're starting to seriously push it and then I would consider alternative steps.

Neither your usual doctor nor the company doctor are allowed to give out any information whatsoever on your current health status - not to your boss, not to HR, not to anyone else. This is a clear case of doctor-patient confidentiality.

What is not unusual, however, is for you to agree that the company doctor may reach out to your usual doctor to discuss your situation. You need to give them authority to do so, otherwise - same as above. But this is just between doctors - the company still has no right to request further information.

As for the other questions - cross that bridge when you come to it. There's no need to think about every possible "what if" situation right now. You do not need a lawyer right now. Go to the doctor, see what happens, then take it from there.
This user would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post: