View Single Post
Old 04.11.2014, 14:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 58 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,614 Posts
SOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car and engine cleaning pre mfk test

Quote:
View Post
Hi All

It's incredible how easy it is to get ripped off on car-related work in CH... All my Swiss neighbours expressed nothing but fear for the MFK and actually sending a mechanic along with their fairly new cars in case they needed to argue out something with the tester! I went along myself and had no issues. Was impressed as well with the testing equipment...

On topic of cleaning, I've found the Autop in Volketswil to have the hottest, soapiest jet spray and they also have a lifting ramp you can drive onto and raise your car to do the underside with the jet and the brush. Perfect for a total wash down, and it's open late on weekdays when the locals are tucked up in bed so you don't have to feel guilty spending time there keeping others waiting. Location is https://www.google.ch/maps/place/Aut...7f83b99d6d38aa

Cheers
Exactly, I just recently put my car through its first Mfk, just gave it the usual jet wash without doing the underneath and it still passed.