Thread: Flu shots?
View Single Post
Old 04.11.2014, 20:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 606 Posts
swiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond reputeswiss_in_training has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flu shots?

I had a pretty sore spot on my arm a few years ago from the flu shot.

The next winter, when swine flu was going around, I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and very grateful to everyone who was close to me and who got the shot (since the swine flu vaccine was not recommended for pregnant women that year-this would be 2009).

I also do it because I feel that it's important to protect others, like my parents-in-law, who are older. I work on a University campus, so I come in contact with a lot of people, eat in a cafeteria, etc.

In the study cited by Ramtin[e], it's also important to note that the study was done because that outbreak was an outlier. Also, the population was only about 100 people, with an infection rate of 25% in an environment that is highly conducive to transmission (all the sailors were living and working on a ship). So, worth noting, but not a reason to avoid flu shots.

Last edited by swiss_in_training; 05.11.2014 at 07:43.
This user would like to thank swiss_in_training for this useful post: