View Single Post
Old 05.11.2014, 12:45

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Papa Lemming has earned some respectPapa Lemming has earned some respect
Re: London vs Zurich

Quote:
View Post
It's a valid question. The OP may have had something like that in mind, while others had another.

As for the Swiss dating scene in that respect, I do know that the Swiss get plenty of play with other Swiss. While male expats typically get very little or no play. I don't know about female expats. I think it is the language and cultural barrier that blocks male expats. But for female expats, if attractive, Swiss men might magically speak english.
I don't think I'm adding particularly new to the conversation, but I have this impression too. In my personal experience as a twenty-something in a university setting -in which you would expect that it's easier to meet people- most of my foreign female friends have met and dated local guys, whereas my foreign male friends have generally had very little success with dating Swiss girls. Of course, anecdote is not the singular of data

On the other hand, in the period 2004-2013, there were 23% more registered marriages between Swiss men and foreign women than viceversa (source). So, you know, maybe there's definitely truth to it
This user would like to thank Papa Lemming for this useful post: