Thread: Flu shots?
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2014, 10:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 180 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 11,560 Times in 3,148 Posts
Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flu shots?

Quote:
View Post
Aha, the good-old "sheep/sheeple" retort. Is there an anti-vaccine equivalent of Godwin's Law?

OK, quote me a case-controlled, peer-reviewed study that demonstrates that "drinking plenty" can prevent influenza.
There are bunch of germs and bacteria that can cause you to be sick, influenza is only one of many. With a healthy immune system your body can handle most viruses without drugs. I doubt many can define the symptoms between a nasal cold, flu or the dreaded "man flu".

I'd suggest that we are most susceptible to get laid out flat when we get a bug that crops up when the body is already stressed either through poor diet, not enough sleep or exercise, ie. poor self maintenance. At that point, the body is warning you to slow up and take better care, not to start a course of vaccinations.

Most of the posters on here are hardly using earth-shattering data to back up their reasons to get inoculated.

Each to their own, I know what works for me. Haven't ever had flu and don't ever plan on allowing some virus to be squirted into my body as a "health promoting solution" when there's nothing wrong with me.

Go ahead and treat the symptoms if it makes you feel better, I'll always prefer to nurture and maintain health at the source.