View Single Post
Old 07.11.2014, 00:11
chiheng chiheng is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chiheng has no particular reputation at present
Re: House contract for residence permit

View Post
I think what they're trying to tell you is that she'll have to live in Geneva as that's where her student permit is for. I assume she's non-EU and therefore guess that the same conditions would apply as do for most non-EU's who work here. That is they have to live in the same canton as their workplace is based in. So if she's studying in Geneva she has to live in Geneva.

What she'll need to do is rent a place in Geneva to be able to register there. She might be able to change cantons later and move in with you, but Geneva and Zurich cantons would both have to agree to this.

That's a long daily commute as well. Does she really want to have to do that every day?
Thanks for you answer! It seems that you are quite experienced on this
We are thinking about 'rent' a postbox in Geneva (which could be registered as her temporary address in Geneva). Do you have any suggestion on that?
For the daily commute, she does not need to go every day. Besides, nothing is more important than being together, right?
Reply With Quote