View Single Post
Old 08.11.2014, 23:57

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mattalex has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non-EU B permit expiring soon, recently unemployed

Quote:
View Post
I have read a lot of threads on this and do not want to be redundant, but I have not had my specific question answered. I have a non-EU B visa that is not restricted and my partner has a non-EU B visa under mine. I am two years into a three year visa.

I was recently unemployed and my RAV benefits are supposed to start in a few weeks. So far, both the RAV and Migrationsamt have indicated that I can continue to look for a job after my visa expires as my visa will somehow be renewed. However, so far I have not applied for the visa extension or gotten my first official approval from RAV as I await my first official non-employed meeting with RAV.

Looking over these recent posts has me nervous. I have worked in a professional job in Switzerland for over 4 years and I have some good prospects that are likely to provide a new job within 1-3 months of visa expiry. My partner is additionally non-EU, but the B-visa is linked to mine. So of course, we are both now concerned.

My partner also lost a job, but just recently (after me). So to switch the marriage dependancy from one partner to another no longer makes sense to keep the B visa going....

Lastly, my employer would usually fill out the form to renew my visa each year, now who does it? RAV?

Ugh....so many questions! Thanks for any help/advice.
I had the same issue (may be my case is worst):
My B permit expired end of April; Job contract finished at the same time.
To answer your question:
No worry. You will receive your insurance grant from RAV for sure. I had mine on 1st June when I was renewing my permit (Yes, I have no valid permit for the gap period).