Thread: lyca mobile?
View Single Post
Old 11.11.2014, 22:04

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MajorGrubert is considered knowledgeableMajorGrubert is considered knowledgeableMajorGrubert is considered knowledgeable
Re: lyca mobile?

This is what I was referring to on the M-Budget thread:

Quote:
View Post
hello there, am using Lyca for 3 years now and am comfortable with it for phone calls....but only problem is you cannot use it for mobile application registrations..it shows some weird number instead of your mobile number..if you have a smart phone and want to manage stuff like banking etc...simply you cannot use it!!
Quote:
View Post
Swiss Lycas are identified as Vodafone NL (+31 ...), that's true, but I don't think that would prevent them from receiving any SMS sent directly to the assigned Swiss number. I don't use it for SMS verifications but it certainly receives generic SMS messages without a glitch.

In fact, Coop and Lyca are my two main operators in Switzerland. Coop for intra-network calls (unconditionally free for Coop and Orange) and Lyca for all the others, including abroad. Abroad, I mean, calling abroad, for roaming any Swiss operator is useless so I stick to either Irish or local SIMs.
Quote:
View Post
I just had my Lycamobile activated and then configured Whatsapp (I've an Android Smartphone. While I can send messages on whatsapp, I can't receive any. Most likely I'll do with another SIM for Whatsapp.