View Single Post
Old 15.11.2014, 09:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 28 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,969 Times in 956 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dreadlocks and Professionalism

Quote:
View Post
This conversation keeps coming back to Swiss interpretation. But, I would prefer Swiss people to answer this from their own perspective. I get most of my business, un intentionally from foreign people. So, it is more what I am interested as an answer.
I remember going into an optician in Bern 20 years ago, and the person who did the test had a pony tail. This would never happen in England, I thought, and I was quite bemused by the experience. In the meantime I have become Swiss and it would not bother me now (although I am not sure that the transition to Swiss is relevant here), but then again, there is much worse now to contend with: piercings, tattoos, ear loops (or what ever they are called) and what ever else the younger generation will think of doing to differentiate themselves. I guess in the ranking here, dreadlocks are pretty tame.