View Single Post
Old 15.11.2014, 10:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 136 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,335 Posts
Confloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dreadlocks and Professionalism

Quote:
View Post
Despite the fact that I can't stand long hair on myself (tried it once - never again!) I find dreadlocks quite attractive if they fit the person.
BTW: How old are you? IMHO there are very few men over ~30 who look good with long hair (or dreadlocks for that matter).

I understand that the dreadlocks would be hidden by the toque while you work, correct? In this case it would not keep me from hiring you, but that's just me.
However I am sure that it will scare away some potential clients - the big question is if you can afford that or not...

I agree with the two posters above that it will make it much more difficult to attract corporate clients.
Well a few months ago I went to my hairdresser who does not like them herself, with some other people. She said however, my head shape, and kind of hair, it would probably be suitable on me. Regardless of my age. I find them neat when tied.

Plus, for also to note, my picture I use for my Lebenslauf is by no means traditional. In fact I have been told repeatedly, that picture put me above a lot of candidates because it is such a bold statement. For me it expresses who I am. Not sure I will share it on this forum because I like my anonymity. But by no means ever do I take the traditional route with cooking, presenting myself, or the food I present.

I also work in food alchemy, molecular cuisine as well. So they expect the un expected. Even still though, I do sandwiches for finger food as well. So again, does it scare potential clients off?
The following 2 users would like to thank Confloozed for this useful post: