Old 18.11.2014, 10:04

Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
banadol has earned some respectbanadol has earned some respect
Re: where to look for jobs with no job qualifications

Quote:
View Post
Hello Kiwi2Swiss

how're things going with your plans?

I keep wondering about your selling your house. And I so hope there is some way for you to keep a small safe base (a bachelor flat, perhaps) in NZ, as your safe base
a) to which to retreat if you choose to leave Switzerland later
b) to hold some of your capital stable, and
c) which you can rent out while away.

It just seems wise, to me (although of course I presume to say this without knowing you) to keep a little corner of NZ to call your own.

If you can find a way to do something along those lines, something small but solid as a safety net, then I think that with the amount of determination you have shown researching so many aspects, and with your husband willing to improve his German, and relations who will put you up to start with... your coming to Switzerland is a wonderful idea!
the reason why we decided against keeping property in NZ when we moved away is that keeping a property and renting it out sounds easy but can be a major headache. You have to hire an agent to look after it which is quite expensive in NZ. Unless you have great tenants, they often end up wrecking the place and costing you money (has happened to many friends of ours who have rental properties and they live in the same town as their rental properties). We have friends look after our property before when we left NZ and it's a strain on the friendship, even though we paid them. No easy and painfree way of doing this so I totally understand why Kiwi2swiss decided to sell up.

You can always buy another property when and if you get back.
This user would like to thank banadol for this useful post: