View Single Post
Old 19.11.2014, 17:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,836 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help! Swiss Inheritance Laws, Problem Executor?

Quote:
View Post
There is no minimum wage here, and if your aunt worked for 30 years at the convent, I can't imagine she had a lot of money. The executor is entitled to be paid and has claimed his Fr 700 in expenses, so maybe he hasn't written to you yet, as there is nothing left for you.
The exectutor will have to present final accounts though to the heirs, surely? I'd have expected the convent to be taking a keen interest if they'd expected money to be coming their way.

I'd suggest a registered letter (with signed receipt as proof of delivery) to the exectutor and possibly the Cantonal Office which issued you with the copy of the will.
That way you can prove that you've attempted to contact him and have tried to claim the inheritance (which I think you can then renounce if there's nothing to inherit but debts).