View Single Post
Old 02.12.2014, 21:37

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Golface8 has no particular reputation at present
Re: How did your dog settle?

Hi
I moved here with my wife and two boxers in May from the U.S. it was actually quite painless. Our pups have natural ears but both have docked tails. We didn't even get stopped in customs at the airport (we did get a porter to help with two dog crates and 3 bags for my wife). The only real challenge was registering the dogs here. With the docked tails we had to prove ownership for over 6 months thereby qualifying them as "household goods." I had many vet records but toes didn't have my and each dogs name so they wouldn't work. With some pleading and lots of old facebook pictures the guy at the office accepted them in and approved their swiss doggie passports. We did look at some places in baar/zug but ended up closer to zurich (Oberrieden) at place with a huge terrace for the dogs. We lucked out because our neighbors all love dogs so they put up with the occasional barks. Regardless of zug or zurich there are plenty of places to walk the dogs. Feel free to pm me if you want more details.
The following 2 users would like to thank Golface8 for this useful post: