View Single Post
Old 03.12.2014, 14:08
Tinkiwinki Tinkiwinki is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 859
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 266 Posts
Tinkiwinki has earned some respectTinkiwinki has earned some respect
Re: Tax declaration on overseas asset.

First thing is to see where you live according to the tax authority. That sounds easy but may not be the case if you are travelling, still have access to that house, etc. I guess that being married to a Swiss you both are living in Switzerland and pay taxes here. As the house is rented the tax authority in the other country is not tempted to say you live there but you may need some proof (contract).

Second thing is that you need to declare all income and all fortune in Switzerland. So including the house, rent and also the mortgage.

Third is that the other country also will try to tax you as real estate is always taxed in the country where it is.
Reply With Quote