View Single Post
Old 08.12.2014, 23:11
blum22 blum22 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VD
Posts: 70
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 60 Times in 31 Posts
blum22 has no particular reputation at present
US income tax on salary paid in the US but living in Switzerland

My wife (US citizen) and I (EU citizen) have been living in CH for a bit more than a year now. When my wife arrive here in fall 2013, she was still working for her US employer, and being paid just as if she still lived in the US.

Her employer however got us help on how to file income tax here, since she was living here on a B permit for the last 3 months of the year. We will likely have to pay some amount but haven't heard anything back yet.

On the other hand she had to file for US income tax a while ago, and so did it just the way she would normally as a US resident, since it was US income.

Now here is my question: since the swiss will likely tax part of the income for when she was working from Switzerland, how to we tell this to Uncle Sam and avoid double taxation? Especially since we don't know how much this is yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote