View Single Post
Old 08.12.2014, 23:50
Amanda D's Avatar
Amanda D Amanda D is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jura
Posts: 155
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 163 Times in 63 Posts
Amanda D is considered knowledgeableAmanda D is considered knowledgeableAmanda D is considered knowledgeable
Re: US income tax on salary paid in the US but living in Switzerland

View Post
Sure I'm aware of that very american peculiarity, but her total income for 2013 will not be above the threshold so that shouldn't be a problem. And she didn't have a swiss bank account either (paid in the US) so that's solved too.
My question is mainly about how to tell the IRS to subtract the swiss income tax from the US tax liability, all this after the original filing.
You just submit a correcting tax return. It used to be called a 1040C but I think that name had changed. Basically, you just send all the same forms but with the updated information.
Reply With Quote