View Single Post
Old 22.05.2008, 14:15
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 41 Times in 37 Posts
chemgoddess has an excellent reputationchemgoddess has an excellent reputationchemgoddess has an excellent reputationchemgoddess has an excellent reputation
Re: international money order

Quote:
View Post
Once again I am amazed at the collective wisdom of these forums. Right now my money is winging its way to WaMu in hopes of starting my budding career in the import/export business.

OK, that was a joke. But I am mere days away from paying my rent via int'l wire xfer. I didn't see any mention of WaMu's exchange rates in the terms and conditions of opening my account, so I'm hoping they don't recoup their wire fees in this manner. Still, it looks to be better than paypal.

For the sake of satisfying my curiousity I'm going to take a $500 Wal-Mart int'l money order to Zuerich and try to deposit it into my swisspost account when opened. I'll report the results here.

Thanks, EF!
Their exchange rates are whatever it is at the time you do the transfer. I'm always taking money out of my US account from Swiss ATMs and I've never been screwed on the Wamu side, on the Swiss side yes, Wamu side no.