View Single Post
Old 16.12.2014, 14:04
la mod

Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,642 Times in 5,296 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pegida marches against Islamisation of Europe

Quote:
View Post
Islamic culture is so far removed from the European, and what's more, it's far more visible. If I walk the streets here, no one knows where I'm from.
Medieval Islamic Culture maybe or that practiced by the Taliban in caves, but the majority of asylum seekers coming from from Syria, Iraq etc.. are coming from pretty urbane cultures where the national dress is jeans and a T-shirt. So apart from their skin colour, how else would you know?? A woman wearing a scarf in Germany is more likely than not to have been born there, and this is the problem with this slippery, fascist slope.

Germany probably does need to look at the number of asylum seekers it is taking in, and ensure that their generosity is not causing hardship or undue tensions to established communities. However this is a separate discussion to claiming that Germany is on the verge of turning Muslim.

Quote:
View Post
comparing an expat to someone who is fleeing their homeland to seek safety and refuge for their family is a little disingenuous, isn't it? I mean, shouldn't there be different standards with respect to the obligation to integrate?
The OP stated people were coming in with 'cultures and beliefs that are often in conflict with that of many Germans'. Which in my mind is similar to the exasperation felt by the Swiss when us Expats behave in a similar way e.g. not bother with the language or local customs, avoid civic duties, earn more than the national average and yet still complain about everything etc..
The following 7 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post: