View Single Post
Old 23.12.2014, 00:16

Groaned at 13 Times in 7 Posts
Helvetia1967 is considered unworthyHelvetia1967 is considered unworthyHelvetia1967 is considered unworthy
Re: Health Insurance - first 3 months...once again

Quote:
View Post
I remember being told about backdating. I registered on 1st June (spent a month here as a tourist; on advice of Zug gemeinde!!) and was told we had 3 months to sort out health insurance. Kept forgetting about it, and mid-July got a letter from Schwyz gemeinde asking for proof of insurance!!! After much confusion and freaking out (I'm from the UK!) I filled out the forms and I remember putting 1st June as registration date, and was expecting them to backdate it- but when I got the documents they all stated commencement date was August (the date I signed the forms). I assumed they had let me off the two months and it must have been above board after all. But I haven't checked, maybe they still took the premiums?? It's my husband's bank account, I don't check it, I have no idea if we paid June and July or not!
it's easy to know when has started your health insurance. Just need to check the date mentioned on your health policy.
This user would like to thank Helvetia1967 for this useful post: