View Single Post
Old 02.01.2015, 00:11
RIP

Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SwissCaution - the apartment deposit lenders thread

You can read many stories here on EF of unsatisfactory hand over at the end of the tenancy. What bothers me is that SwissCaution will pay what the landlord demands and then demand the amount from you, thus you have little control over the hand over.

As an example: I signed a rental contract knowing the landlord demanded an inspection of the kitchen machines at my cost, at the end of contract, by a qualified technician. I disputed this inspection charge, by quoting a consumer magazine article, and the landlord quickly agreed with me. But if I had SC I believe I would have to pay up for this inspection (Which under Swiss law, is illegal to demand!)

If possible I would borrow the deposit from a relative or friend, the money is placed in a Swiss bank account, and is as safe as houses!
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post: