View Single Post
Old 02.01.2015, 21:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 169 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 6,707 Times in 2,237 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: parking in Verbier/4 vallees area ??

Quote:
Le Chable below Verbier- huge free car-park and bubble up and avoid the Verbier queues as you do not have to change at Verbier. Brilliant.

Nendaz is of course accessed via a totally different route, along the Rhône Valley- same resort, but other side of the mountains. Parking in Nendaz is rubbish- so turn left in middle of village to go up to Siviez-Super Nendaz- and there is a very large free car park at the top near the lifts. From there, you are in the middle of the 4 Vallées- and have access to Verbier via Glacier, or Tortin (do not ski the Wall coming back unless you are an expert- you can take the bubble down and watch the experts coming down, and the idiots breaking limbs) - or can go left via Chair to Veysonnaz and La Piste de l'Ours and Thyon- although the return is a bit tedious and involves long traverses with some skating/pushing.
As I am coming to the end of a 7 day vacation in Nendaz tomorrow, I'm going to have to disagree with the statement that its central to the four valleys. Geographically, yes, but in reality Siviez is the centre. Connecting via the pistes is impossible the past few days because of conditions, but even when it's open, by far the best way to get to any other valley is take the bus to Siviez, as the piste connections essentially require you to (slowly) traverse to Siviez anyway before you can get elsewhere.

Verbier is anyway the best of the resorts. I can't believe how poor the infrastructure is across the rest of the four valleys - I miss the planning of the resorts in the east!

Edit: Missed the Siviez reference in the quoted post, only saw Nendaz, so rant irrelevant.