View Single Post
Old 03.01.2015, 22:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,104 Times in 756 Posts
Thanked 18,603 Times in 7,215 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laundry room ettiquette - help!

Quote:
View Post
We have an apartment in a building (5 apartments) with 1 communal washing machine and dryer. There are no allocated days. This afternoon we badly needed to do laundry (as it not allowed on a Sunday). There was clean but wet washing in the washing machine for an hour. So we removed it and put it in the dryer (but didn't turn it on in case some items were delicate).

When we went back there was a VERY angry note on the machine telling us that laundry was "PRIVATE!!" and should not be removed.

Our question - have we broken a Swiss rule?! As far as my experience in North America goes this would be very acceptable laundry room etiquette....
My building has no plan either and I am now utterly indifferent to removing people's washing from the washing machine and sticking it in the dryer, or removing it from the dryer and putting it on top of the machine. Some people in my building put their stuff in and literally leave it there all day, so as far as I am concerned it is perfectly reasonable to take it out so I can do my own stuff, and if they have a problem I am more than happy to discuss with them. I don't even think twice about it any more.
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: