View Single Post
Old 07.01.2015, 20:17

Groaned at 27 Times in 17 Posts
Kosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
Simply because we are allowed the freedom of speech doesn't mean that we should always take the opportunity to abuse it.
This is true, and thats why we don't go around all day long flipping off everybody who bothers us in some fashion or another. God knows there are enough reasons in Switzerland.

But that breaks down completely in the face of extremism, particularly the barbarism seen in this case.

A quote from this article, particularly poignant since it comes from one of those (and I use this word deliberately) martyred today in the long fight against extremism.

"Charbonnier, Charlie Hebdo’s editor, sounds exactly sensible and intelligent when he says that the cartoons will only “shock those who will want to be shocked.” He also told Le Monde, “I don’t feel as though I’m killing someone with a pen. I’m not putting lives at risk. When activists need a pretext to justify their violence, they always find it.”"
The following 5 users would like to thank Kosti for this useful post: