View Single Post
Old 08.01.2015, 09:14

Groaned at 27 Times in 17 Posts
Kosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond reputeKosti has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
I just wanted to mention that most of my earlier posts here were based on my (apparently incorrect) assumption that this magazine had been primarily targeting Muslims in general (rather than jihadists). Thanks in part to Amaraya's post, I realize now that these cartoons were not simply poking fun at Islam in general, but the satire was more aimed at the radical extremists. (Though someone please correct me if I'm wrong here). Unfortunately, I am not fluent in French (I wish!), so I am not able to really understand the cartoon(s).
It absolutely doesnt qualify as a mitigating factor for the attackers even if they had targeted Islamic extremists in particular.

If they had made only Islam a target, as a secular republic, France has laws on the books to deal with that kind of nastiness, and the civilized response would be to sue them, not with AK-47s.