View Single Post
Old 08.01.2015, 09:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 492 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
I just wanted to mention that most of my earlier posts here were based on my (apparently incorrect) assumption that this magazine had been primarily targeting Muslims in general (rather than jihadists). Thanks in part to Amaraya's post, I realize now that these cartoons were not simply poking fun at Islam in general, but the satire was more aimed at the radical extremists. (Though someone please correct me if I'm wrong here). Unfortunately, I am not fluent in French (I wish!), so I am not able to really understand the cartoon(s).
Don't cover ignorance by excuses!
Next time seek information prior to spread sh1te!

Anyway, with a very tiny amount of research or even some basic understanding, you would have noticed that they were doing caricatures. That's all- No specific target to muslims, disabled, or green birds.

So in some way, momentarily, you have adopted the same ignorant behavior as the one "offended" by the cartoons. Not well done.
The following 3 users would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post: