View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 13:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,960 Times in 7,687 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: France: Charlie Hebdo Office shootings

Quote:
View Post
Not to mention the importance of those cartoons to French culture.

"Because if we’re all agreed on that: Charlie Hebdo is also a crap publication and people need to stop celebrating it and making martyrs out of its staff."

The poor French have lost so much of their cultural supremacy; they lost cinema, the music is corny, the food misunderstood, the engineering is wacky, and they argue more than they work. So this cartoon lampooning industry is about high in their pinnacle of cultural achievements. I mean, I myself find those cartoons tasteless and turn away as soon as I glimpse it. But no need to piss in French Cheerios at this moment in time.
Unfortunately they lost it in favour of what? I don't mind the French lost their cultural supremacy, if only something more valuable had been put in place.
Anyway, cartoons and satire are high in many other cultures. Difficult to understand that I see.